USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION AND PRIVACY
1. Should you decide to register with or function as a user/customer/merchant/other user on the Website, Aloe Unique may collect,
collate, process, and use the following types of information about you when you use the Website (“personal information”):
– Information provided by the user.
Aloe Unique collects personal information (that is information about the user that is personally identifiable like the user’s name,
address, age, gender, e-mail address, phone number(s) and other unique information such as user IDs and passwords,
banking/accounting/PayFast account information, product and service preferences and contact preferences that are
not otherwise publicly available); and
– Information that is collected automatically.
Aloe Unique receives and stores information which is transmitted automatically from the user’s computer when the user
browse the internet.This information includes information from cookies (which are described in clause 8.14 below), the user’s Internet
Protocol (“IP ”) address, browser type, web beacons, geo-locationary information, embedded web links, and other commonly used
information-gathering tools. These tools collect certain standard information that your browser sends to the Website such as your
browser type and language, access times, and the address from which you arrived at the Website.
2. Should your personal information change, please inform us and provide us with updates to your personal information as soon as reasonably possible to
enable us to update it. Aloe Unique is however under no obligation to ensure that your personal information or other information supplied by you is correct.
3. You warrant that the personal information disclosed to Aloe Unique is directly from you as the user/customer/merchant/other user on the Website or
in connection to the services, and all such personal information is lawfully yours to provide.
4. You may choose to provide additional personal information to us, in which event you agree to provide accurate and current information, and, generally,
not to impersonate or misrepresent any person or entity or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with anyone or anything.
5. Any processing of your personal information will be reservedly for our legitimate business purposes and as a necessary function of your engagement
with the Website, Product and/or services, and you have consented to this, but we will not, without your express consent:
5.1. Use your personal information for any purpose other than as set out below:
* in relation to the ordering, sale and delivery of Product;
* to contact you regarding current or new Product or services or any other Product offered by us or any of our divisions and/or partners
(unless you have opted out from receiving marketing material from us, possible through same contact);
* to inform you of new features, special offers and promotional competitions offered by us or any of our divisions and/or partners
(unless you have opted out from receiving marketing material from us, possible through same correspondence); and
* to improve our product selection and your experience on our Website by, for example, monitoring your browsing habits, or tracking your sales on the
5.2. disclose your personal information to any third party other than as set out below:
* to our employees and/or third party service providers who assist us to interact with you via our Website, email or any other method, for the ordering of
Product or when delivering Product to you, and thus need to know your personal information in order to assist us to communicate with you properly and
* to our divisions &/or partners (including their employees and/or third party service providers) in order for them to interact directly with you via email
or any other method for purposes of sending you marketing material regarding any current or new Product or services, new features, special offers or
promotional items offered by them (unless you have opted out from receiving marketing material from us, possible through correspondence with us);
* to law enforcement, government officials, fraud detection agencies or other third parties when we believe in good faith that the disclosure of personal
information is necessary to prevent physical harm or financial loss, to report or support the investigation into suspected illegal activity or the
contravention of an applicable law, or to investigate violations of these Terms and/or the Website’s other Policies;
* to our service providers (under contract with us) who help with parts of our business operations (fraud prevention, marketing, technology services etc).
However, our contracts dictate that these service providers may only use your information in connection with the services they perform for us, not for their
own benefit and under the same standards as how we operate; and
* to our suppliers in order for them to liaise directly with you regarding any faulty Product you have purchased which requires their involvement.
6. We are entitled to use or disclose your personal information if such use or disclosure is required in order to comply with any applicable law, subpoena,
order of court or legal process served on us, or to protect and defend our rights or property. In the event of a fraudulent online payment, Aloe Unique is
entitled to disclose relevant personal information for criminal investigation purposes or in line with any other legal obligation for disclosure of the
personal information which may be required of it.
7. We will ensure that all of our employees, third party service providers, divisions and partners (including their employees and third party service
providers) having access to your personal information are bound by appropriate and legally binding confidentiality obligations and process your personal
information at standards equal to or higher than Aloe Unique’s in relation to your personal information.
8. Aloe Unique will:
* treat your personal information as strictly confidential, save where we are entitled to share it as set out in these Terms;
* take appropriate technical and organisational measures to ensure that your personal information is kept secure and is protected against unauthorised or
unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction or damage, alteration, disclosure, or access;
* provide you with reasonable access to your personal information to view and/or update personal details; promptly notify you if we become aware of any
unauthorised use, disclosure, or processing of your personal information;
* provide you with reasonable evidence of our compliance with our obligations under these Terms on reasonable notice and request; and
* upon your request, promptly correct, return or destroy any and all of your personal information in our possession or control, save for that which we are
legally obliged or entitled to retain (acknowledging that some Website functionality might be lost if certain personal information is amended or destroyed).
9. We will not retain your personal information longer than the period for which it was originally needed, unless we are required by law to do so,
or you consent to us retaining such information for a longer period.
10. Aloe Unique undertakes never to sell or make your personal information available to any third party other than as provided for in these Terms.
11. Whilst we will do all things reasonably necessary to protect your rights of privacy, we cannot guarantee or accept any liability whatsoever for
unauthorised or unlawful disclosures of your personal information, whilst in our possession, made by third parties who are not subject to our control,
unless such disclosure is as a result of our gross negligence.
12. If you disclose your personal information to a third party, such as an entity which operates a website linked to this Website or anyone other than Aloe
Unique, Aloe Unique shall not be liable for any loss or damage, howsoever arising, suffered by you as a result of the disclosure of such information to the
third party. This is because we do not regulate or control how that third party uses your personal information. You should always ensure that you read the
13. This Website may make use of “cookies” to automatically collect information and data through the standard operation of the Internet servers.
“Cookies” are small text files a website can use (and which we may use) to recognise repeat users, facilitate the user’s on going access to and use of a
website and allow a website to track usage behaviour and compile aggregate data that will allow the website operator to improve the functionality of the
website and its content, and to display more focused advertising to a user by way of third party tools.
there is a simple procedure in most browsers that allows you to deny or accept the cookie feature.
– Please note that cookies may be necessary to provide you with certain features available on our Website, and thus if you disable the cookies on your
browser you may not be able to use those features, and your access to our Website will therefore be limited.
– If you do not disable “cookies”, you are deemed to consent to our use of any personal information collected using those cookies, subject to the provisions of
these Terms and the Website’s other Policies.
14. The user is entitled to request access to any relevant personal data held by Aloe Unique and where such access is necessary for you to exercise and/or
protect any of the user’s rights.
USE & DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
1. If you have opted to receive e-mails from Aloe Unique, your email address will be used to contact you from time to time and may also use it for security reasons to confirm your identity.
2. Aloe Unique agrees not to use the users’ provided electronic mail address in any manner that users do not consent to nor alert any other parties of the users’ address without the user’s consent.
3. You have the right to opt out of receiving electronic mail communication by following the directions posted on every electronic mail communication.
4. Aloe Unique may use the information collected automatically, such as the user’s IP address and information stored via cookies, to gather statistics about the number of people who visit the Website and to customise the Website’s content, layout and services.
5. Aloe Unique will disclose the user’s personally identifiable information if it reasonably believes that it is required to do so by law, regulation or other government authority or to protect the rights and property of Aloe Unique, its affiliates or the public. Aloe Unique may also co-operate with law enforcement in any official investigation and may disclose the user’s personally identifiable information to the relevant agency or authority in doing so.
6. Aloe Unique reserves the right to transfer your personal information in the event of a transfer of ownership, such as acquisition by, or merger with, another entity. If any acquiring entity should plan to materially change the Terms, Aloe Unique will notify you beforehand.
7. Circumstances may arise where, whether for strategic or other business reasons, Aloe Unique decides to sell, buy, merge or otherwise reorganize its business. Such a transaction may involve the disclosure of personal information to prospective or actual purchasers, or the receipt of it from sellers.
It is Aloe Unique’s practice to seek reasonable protection for information in these types of transactions and notify you prior to any disclosure of personal information.
ACCESS & ACCURACY OF INFORMATION
1. Aloe Unique strives to keep the user’s personal information accurately recorded. Aloe Unique provides a user with the reasonable ability to review and correct it or ask
for anonymization, blockage, or deletion, as applicable.
2. The user is entitled to request access to any relevant personal data held by Aloe Unique and where such access is necessary for you to exercise and/or protect any
of the user’s rights.
3. Users may request Aloe Unique to review the personal information which it holds and may request for Aloe Unique to delete such information. The deletion of any information may result in certain Website services being unavailable.
WHO ARE WE?
Our website address is: https://aloeunique.co.za
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year. If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser. When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed. If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day. .
EMBEDDED CONTENT FROM OTHER SITES
WHO WE SHARE YOUR DATA WITH
If you request a password reset, your IP address will be included in the reset email.
HOW LONG WE RETAIN YOUR DATA
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue. For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
WHAT RIGHTS YOU HAVE OVER YOUR DATA
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
WHERE WE SEND YOUR DATA
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.