Aloe Fragrance Free Soap
Have you noticed that some soaps dry your skin out? Maybe your skin starts to feel tight and dry, or your skin starts to itch. Other signs that you have sensitive skin include redness and rashes.
Finding a fragrance-free soap for everyday use is important to prevent flare-ups.
Fragrance free soap is good for sensitive skin
Perfumed soap may smell appealing but can be a trigger for skin irritation.
Fragrances, especially synthetic scents, should be avoided, as they have a drying effect on skin. The chemicals used to preserve the fragrances dry skin out further.
Even essential oils can lead to skin reactions.
Dermatologists recommend using a fragrance-free soap.
People with dry skin should also use fragrance-free soap, it’s not only recommended for people with sensitive skin.
What soap is best for dry, sensitive skin?
The difference between fragrance-free and unscented soap
Fragrance-free means that fragrance materials or masking scents are not used in the soap.
Unscented soap may contain chemicals that mask odours or other ingredients in the soap. These soaps may not have a strong scent but contain odour-neutralising chemicals.
This means that fragrance-free soap can have a natural smell. For example, an aloe fragrance-free soap has its own natural aloe scent but will not contain added fragrance chemicals. *
7 ingredients sensitive skins should avoid:
- Fragrances – synthetic especially
- Sodium lauryl sulfate – surfactants that can dry out sensitive skin
- Alcohol / ethanol – cause dryness
- Phthalates – plastic enhancers that have negative health effects
- Sulfates – chemical latherers that cause irritation
- Synthetic Dyes – often contain harmful ingredients
- Parabens – synthetic preservative linked to allergic reactions
Aloe Unique’s natural soaps do not contain any of these ingredients or synthetic scents.
Aloe Fragrance-free Soap contains:
- Glycerine – a natural liquid that comes from vegetable oil / animal fat
- Sucrose – sugar is a natural preservative
- Aqua – water
- Aloe Ferox Leaf Extract – bitter sap from the Aloe plant
What are the benefits of glycerine in soap?
- Transparent, colourless and odourless liquid, so less likely to cause an adverse reaction
- Hydrating – it can penetrate deeper into the skin and help the skin retain moisture
- Glycerine has anti-irritant and anti-inflammatory properties
Rather than drying skin out, a study by the European Academy of Dermatology and Venereology in 2015 showed that glycerine is an effective moisturiser for skin. **
What are the benefits of Aloe Ferox?
- Contains Aloin, which stimulates skin repair and healing
- Increases regeneration of new skin cells
- reduce inflammation
Aloe Ferox has natural soothing properties that have a positive effect on skin health.
Try a Skin Test
People with very sensitive skin should test that the Aloe Fragrance-free Soap doesn’t cause any irritation on a small area of skin before use.
Where can you buy Aloe Fragrance-free Soap?
Order Aloe Unique’s Fragrance Free Soap online here or at selected retail outlets: https://aloeunique.co.za/store-locator/
* US EPA Safer Choice Fact Sheet
** PubMed – Study by the European Academy of Dermatology and Venereology. 2015 Anti-irritant and anti-inflammatory effects of glycerol and xylitol in sodium lauryl sulphate-induced acute irritation.