Your skin type matters
You may suspect that you have normal, dry, sensitive or oily skin, but do you really know your skin type? Not knowing your skin type and using the wrong products can permanently damage it instead of improving it.
Read more on how you can determine your skin type.
Build a daily skin care routine
Taking care of your skin starts with a daily routine to help maintain overall skin health and improve any specific concerns like acne, brown spots or flaky skin.
There are four basic routine steps to follow once in the morning and once again at night.
- Cleansers: This is the first step as it clears away impurities and excess oil that can clog pores. It helps to prevent skin conditions like acne. Avoid over washing which can remove your skin’s natural oils. Choose a gentle cleanser which doesn’t leave your skin tight after washing it and is suitable for all skin types.
- Serums: Penetrates the skin at the deepest level and can be used under sunscreen. It encourages collagen production and skin renewal for smoother, more youthful skin. A serum with Aloe Ferox will nourish, hydrate and protect your skin.
- Moisturiser: Moisturising everyday can reduce the chance of developing extreme dryness or oiliness. Even oily skin needs a light moisturiser to keep it soft, hydrated and strengthen it’s protective barrier. An everyday facial lotion with Aloe Ferox is ultra-light, non-greasy and suitable for all skin types.
- Sunscreen: The sun is one of the main reasons skin ages permanently. It is vital to apply sunscreen at least 15 minutes before heading outside to allow it to fully absorb into the skin. A SPF 50 Sun Lotion will keep you protected while hydrating and nourishing your skin. It is recommended that you apply sunscreen every 2 hours even while indoors as surfaces can reflect the light from outside. This step can be skipped during your evening skincare routine.
Following these steps is the start to smoother, healthier and more youthful skin.
Patch test any new product
Unsure of how your skin will react to a new product, patch test it to be 100% sure.
- Apply a small amount of product on your skin in a discreet area, such as the inside of your wrist or your inner arm
- Wait 2 days to see if there’s a reaction
- Check the area a few days later to see if you have a delayed reaction
Stick with it to get the full benefits of your skin care routine
A new routine can take time to work and it is important that you stick to yours for at least 6 weeks to enjoy the full benefits it will deliver for your skin.
Get started today. We have a range of skin care products which are perfect for your routine. Your skin will thank you